We're Here to Help
Get started on your journey to recovery.
All submissions are confidential. An admissions specialist will call you soon.
Questions Parents Should Ask
Eating disorders are complex disorders that require specialized expertise by a multidisciplinary treatment team. When looking for an eating disorder program that specializes in treating adolescents, you will want to consider asking the following questions of a residential provider:
- What is your programs’ experience treating eating disorders, and how long has this been an area of specialty for your eating disorder treatment programs?
- Is your program accredited and licensed, and by whom?
- What is the age group your program treats?
- Is there a nurse present 24-hours a day on site?
- What kind of evaluation process will be used in recommending a treatment plan?
- Does your program have a board certified Adolescent Psychiatrist?
- How many years of experience does your programs’ Adolescent Psychiatrist and Medical Director have? What are their training and credentials?
- How many years of experience does your programs’ Clinical Director have? What is their training and credentials? Does the Clinical Director meet with the clients at least weekly?
- How many years of experience does your programs’ Director of Nutrition Services have? What is their training and credentials?
- Does the Registered Dietitian provide meal planning, dine with the adolescent, meet individually with the adolescent and provide family coaching?
- How many adolescents does each Primary Therapist oversee?
- How does your program measure effectiveness?
- Do you offer high-frequency individual therapy?
- What evidence-based treatment modalities does your program offer?
- What does the educational component look like for my daughter at your program? Are there state-certified teachers overseeing the educational programming?
- Does your program offer family therapy, coaching and psycho-educational groups in its family programming? How often is family programming offered?
- How do you collaborate and communicate with the family, outpatient professionals and schools while my child is in treatment with you?
- What are the setting and milieu like?
- Do you provide step-down options for when my child is ready for a lower level of care?
SEEKING HELP? CALL US TODAY! 855.900.2221
We Are Here To Help!
We're Here to Help
Find out more about our unique approach to eating disorder treatment and recovery.