We're Here to Help
Get started on your journey to recovery.
All submissions are confidential. An admissions specialist will call you soon.
Malibu Lake | CA
Clementine Malibu Lake, located in the Santa Monica Mountains in Agoura Hills, is a residential treatment program exclusively for adolescent girls between the ages of 12 to 17 seeking treatment for Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, or Exercise Addiction. Clementine Malibu Lake, similar to our other Clementine programs, provides the highest level of medical and psychiatric care outside of a hospital. Treatment is integrated with personalized clinical and nutritional care and comprehensive academic and family support. Adolescents from the region and through California will benefit from the care they need closer to home.
At Clementine, our goal is to help make treatment accessible and we are committed to working with families to access care. Clementine Malibu Lake is in network with Beacon Health Options, Cigna, MHN, Magellan, Anthem BC and at times can secure single case agreements with your insurance provider. Please see our Financial Considerations page page for more information.
We Are Here To Help!
We are pleased to offer a Multi Family Group every Friday at 1:00pm; alumni, families and loved ones welcome.
A LETTER FROM CLEMENTINE MALIBU LAKE’S CLINICAL DIRECTOR:
I understand that making the decision to come to treatment can feel overwhelming; the uncertainty of what it will be like, the fear of making changes that may initially feel uncomfortable. Odds are, things in your life right now are already feeling a little overwhelming and you may be looking for a different path. At Clementine you will travel this path in a safe and holding space – a place free of judgement and filled with care and strength.
Taking this journey to discover and nurture your healthy self will take courage, hope and some patience. These are skills that you already have within you, even in the times that you may not feel it there. I want you to know that you don’t have to be alone in this journey. My team and I are here to stand alongside you as we walk through this together. We are here to listen, to guide you in reconnecting with your healthy self and to hold hope in the moments when you think that you cannot. I believe in your ability to recover, to embrace your truth and to live your best life; and I am here to travel the path with you.
MA, LMFT |Clinical Director
Medical, psychiatric, clinical, & nutritional care
- 24-hour on-site medical oversight and nursing care
- Complete medical history and physical exam upon admission
- Weekly medical monitoring (more frequently when indicated)
- Medical and nutritional restoration and stability
- 24-hour access to psychiatrists
- Medical education for adolescents and families
- Management of prescription and non-prescription medications
- Family involvement and empowerment: Close communication and direct access to treatment team | Weekly family therapy (on-site or remote) | Weekly multi-family group (on-site) | Individualized exposure opportunities to practice meals and support the reintegration of the adolescent into family mealtimes after discharge
- High frequency of individual sessions
- Daily group therapies
- Mindful reintroduction of movement and exercise
- Thoughtfully implemented meal plans
- Mindful eating to help develop a balanced and sustainable relationship with food
- Weekly nutrition and cooking groups
Learn More About Our Program
Joel Jahraus, MD, FAED, CEDS
Chief Medical Officer
Molly McShane, MD, MPH, CEDS
Amanda Mellowspring, MS, RD/N, CEDRD-S
Vice President of Nutrition Services
Kelly Souza, MA, PsyD
Senior Director of West Coast Clinical Programming
Lauren Hoover, MA, LMFT
Susan Norman, RN
Kimberley Lacefield, LVN
Dana Onadja, BSN, RN
Jacquelyn Rice, RN
Assistant Nurse Manager
Cheyanne Sharp, RN
Malorie Sweeney, MS, RD
Susan Dahlberg, MS, AMFT
Olivia Harrington, MA, IMF
Carletta Dobbins, BS, CNA
Location & Contact
Clementine Malibu Lake is located in a beautiful residential neighborhood in the Santa Monica Mountains near Agoura Hills, California.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Find out more about our unique approach to eating disorder treatment and recovery.