Medical, Psychiatric and Nursing Care
I can recall first wanting to become a physician, when my mother would take me to the pediatrician office when I was feeling sick as a child. Often times my doctor would sit next to me and calmly explain what he felt was going on and all the options for treatment that were available. My mother would always reply in the same way whether I had the flu or needed hospitalization. She would say, “If she were your daughter…what would you do?” And he honestly replied, and that is what we did. To this day, that is how I think about the adolescents we treat, and that is the approach that permeates the air at Clementine. With each adolescent we think, “If this was my daughter, what would I do….”
Here’s what we do. At Clementine, your daughter’s psychiatrist takes the time to get to know the girl that is underneath the eating disorder. We empower and equip her with the tools – whether they be therapy, medication or both – to help her overcome her eating disorder. We feel the best kind of care is collaborative care and we invest a great deal of time in making parents “experts” on the most innovative treatments, neurobiological causes and the latest research in the field of eating disorders. We feel that in order to treat a disease it is important for you and your daughter to fully understand the illness and our rationale for treatment. At the heart of the Clementine program is commitment to your daughter. While education about treatment of eating disorders is often invaluable, it is only a part in what makes our treatment unique. We truly delight in knowing her and your family and take pride in aligning ourselves with you. At Clementine, your daughter’s future goals, become our goals and hence starts a beautiful restorative process of getting her back on track to become the amazing young woman that she is destined to become.
– Clementine psychiatrist
We're Here to Help
Get started on your journey to recovery.
All submissions are confidential. An admissions specialist will call you soon.
Please see below for administrative numbers.
- Each adolescent admitted to our program undergoes a comprehensive adolescent psychiatric evaluation performed by a board certified psychiatrist
- Individual psychiatric treatment plans are created and updated weekly for each adolescent
- Each adolescent is cared for by her own team of psychiatrists including a board certified psychiatrist and a board certified child and adolescent psychiatrist.
- Genetic testing for psychotropic medication responsiveness, which can be performed prior to starting medication, is one way that Clementine psychiatry is utilizing the latest in clinical science to improve adolescents outcomes.
- Twenty-four hour on-site nursing care with availability to a physician twenty-four hours per day
- Medical physician sees the individual weekly or more often, as needed
- Licensed nurses will manage and administer all medications as per detailed medication policy and procedure
- A full medical history and physical is completed following a review of the adolescent’s home medical records
- Communication with outpatient providers to enhance the broader team approach
- Laboratory studies are obtained regularly to monitor medical status
- Attending medical doctor will determine if any additional consultative appointments are arranged with various specialists in the community
Joel Jahraus MD, FAED, CEDS, Chief Medical Officer
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Find out more about our unique approach to eating disorder treatment and recovery.