Families often travel to be near their daughters. We have identified some helpful resources in the Miami and Portland areas for your stay.
Where To Stay
- THE BILTMORE | 1200 Anastasia Ave, Coral Gables | 855.454.0196
- COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT | 9075 S. Dadeland Blvd, Miami | 305.670.1220
- HAMPTON INN – DADELAND | 8200 SW 70th Avenue, Miami | 305.269.0072
- HOLIDAY INN | 1350 S Dixie Hwy, Coral Gables | 305.667.5611
- HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES KENDALL EAST | 11520 SW 88th Street, Miami | 305.279.8688
- HOTEL INDIGO | 7600 North Kendall Drive, Miami | 305.595.6000
- KENDALL HOTELS AND SUITES | 9100 North Kendall Drive, Miami | 305.279.7700
- THE RITZ-CARLTON COCONUT GROVE | 3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove | 305.644.4680
- SONESTA COCONUT GROVE | 2889 McFarlane Road, Coconut Grove | 305.529.2828
- VIZCAYA MUSEUM AND GARDENS | 3251 S. Miami Ave, Miami, FL | A 1918 home transformed into a museum and gardens
- PARROT JUNGLE ISLAND | 1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami, FL | A fun, yet relaxing afternoon for both children and adults; animal shows, gardens
- ZOO MIAMI | 12400 SW 152 Street, Miami, FL | Great zoo to wander through, be prepared for lots of heat if you visit this summer
- FAIRCHILD TROPICAL GARDENS | 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Miami, FL | Beautiful, exotic gardens to walk through or just sit and contemplate
- PUBLIC BEACHES | The best places to visit public beaches are Crandon Park Beach in Key Biscayne and South Beach on Miami Beach. Another option is a shallow wading pool inside Matheson Hammocks. For wind surfing, the best place to rent equipment is on Rickenbacker Causeway as you enter Key Biscayne.
Downtown S Miami Restaurants
- BLU LA PIZZERIA DELSOLE | 7201 SW 59th Avenue, S. Miami | Pizzeria | $20/person
- DELI LANE | 7230 SW 59th Avenue, S. Miami | American | $15/person
- CASA LARIOS | 10901 Old Cutler Rd. Miami | Cuban | $15/person
- TOWN KITCHEN AND BAR | 7301 SW 57th Court, S. Miami | Continental, bar area | $30/person
- CARRABA’S | 5829 SW 73rd St., S. Miami | Italian | $25/person
- CAFE PASTIS | 7310 SW 5th Avenue, S. Miami | Mediterranean | $25/person
- LA CREPE BISTRO | 7340 SW 57th Avenue, S. Miami | French | $20/person
Downtown S. Miami Shopping
- THE SHOPS AT SUNSET PLACE | Corner of Red Rd./57th Ave and Sunset Drive/72nd St. | Inside you will find an AMC theater, Splitsville Bowling Alley, and Game Works, as well as restaurants such as Dan Marino’s Sports Bar, Johnny Rockets, Cheeseburger in Paradise, and others. You will also find retail stores including Pottery Barn, Gap, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor Loft, The Disney Store and Hollister.
Other Shopping Options
- DADELAND MALL | Located about 1.5 miles from OPC on Kendall Drive (88th Street) just west of US-1 | Dadeland Mall is “one of Miami’s premier shopping centers”. You’ll find just about anything you can think of with a variety of small shops plus large chain stores such as Saks, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Gap, Victoria’s Secret, JCPenney, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Wolf Camera. In addition to the food court, there is a Cheesecake Factory and Puccini and Pasta restaurant.
- THE VILLAGE OF MERRICK PARK | Merrick Park is an upscale mall located about three miles from OPC on LeJeune Road (42nd Avenue) just west of US-1 | It features high-end boutiques such as Tommy Bahamas, Tiffany&Co., Juicy Couture, and Jimmy Choo, as well as anchor stores Nordstrom and Nieman Marcus. The mall also features an Elemis Spa. Restaurants include Villagio, Chispa, Estancia Argentina, and The Palms ($50-$200 per person).
- COCONUT GROVE | About four miles from Clementine is the Coconut Grove area which offers a variety of small shops and restaurants, as well as two small, open-air malls, Cocowalk and Mayfair. Inside both malls are movie theaters and larger stores like Gap, Banana Republic, and Victoria’s Secret.
- CVS PHARMACY | 5795 Sunset Drive, S. Miami
- CVS PHARMACY | 5640 Sunset Drive, S. Miami
- CVS PHARMACY | 6460 S. Dixie Hwy, Miami
Where to Stay
- RIVERS EDGE HOTEL | 0455 SW Hamilton Court, Portland | 503.802.5800 | www.riversedgehotel.com
- KIMPTON RIVERPLACE HOTEL | 1510 SW Harbor Way, Portland | 503.228.3233 | www.riverplacehotel.com
Where to Stay – West Linn (Closer To Clementine)
- COURTYARD MARRIOTT CLACKAMAS | 9300 SE Sunnybrook Blvd., Clackamas | 503.652.2900
- FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES LAKE OSWEGO | 6100 SW Meadows Road, Lake Oswego | 503.670.7557
- MONARCH HOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTER | 12566 SE 93rd, Clackamas | 866.272.4856
- OREGON MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY (OMSI) | 1945 SE Water Avenue, Portland OR | OMSI is one of the nation’s leading science centers and a featured attraction for all ages in Portland.
- POWELL’S BOOKS | 1005 W Burnside, Portland | 503.228.4651 | Powell’s is an independent book sells serving Portland since 1971 and city officials have deemed it Portland’s top attraction as each year masses flock to browse the city block of books for all ages.
- PORTLAND ART MUSEUM | 1219 SW Park Avenue, Portland | 503.226.2811
- PORTLAND INTERNATIONAL ROSE TEST GARDENS | 400 SE Kingston Ave, Portland
- OREGON ZOO | 4001 SE Canyon Rd, Portland
- MULTNOMAH FALLS AND MULTNOMAH FALLS LODGE | 503.695.2376 | Fifteen minutes East of Troutdale on I-84
- BRIDGEPORT VILLAGE TIGARD | 7455 SW Bridgeport Rd, Tigard, OR | 503.431.7346
Anthropologie, The Apple Store, AT&T, Banana Republic, Barnes & Noble, Bluemercury, Crate & Barrel, Eileen Fisher, Francesca’s, Free People, LORNA JANE, lucy, lululemon athetica, MAC Cosmetics, Madewell, Mapel Boutique, Mario’s 3.10, Miss Meers Shoe Boutique, Nashelle, Origins, Peet’s Coffee and Tea, Tommy Bahama, Z Gallerie
California Pizza Kitchen, Joe’s Burgers, McCormick & Schmick’s, Native Foods Café, P.F. Chang’s, Peet’s Coffee and Tea, Sinju Japanese Restaurant, Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar, Waffle Window, Regal Cinemas Bridgeport
- LAKE VIEW VILLAGE& | 390 North State Street, Lake Oswego
Francesca’s, Chico’s, Sur La Table, Grapevine, Mela! Shoes, Patrick James Men’s Clothing
Blast Burger, Five Spice Seafood & Wine Bar, Manzana Rotisserie Grill, Peet’s Coffee and Tea, St. Honore Boulangerie, UU Yogurt, Zeppo Italian Restaurant
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Find out more about our unique approach to eating disorder treatment and recovery.