We're Here to Help
Get started on your journey to recovery.
All submissions are confidential. An admissions specialist will call you soon.
South Miami | FL
At Clementine South Miami, our first Clementine program, we offer a full continuum of treatment programming – from residential treatment to day treatment programming – exclusively for adolescent girls, between the ages of 13 to 17, seeking treatment for Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder or Exercise Addiction. With the added benefits of a naturalistic setting and the comforts of a home, Clementine South Miami provides the highest level of medical and psychiatric care outside of a hospital. Care is integrated with personalized clinical and nutritional care, and comprehensive academic and family support. Always sensitive to the developmental needs of this younger population, our treatment is therapeutically grounded, incorporating state-of-the-art approaches, research, outcome data and up-to-date medical knowledge. Woven into our culture is a philosophy of connection and teamwork with each adolescent’s family, working to instill hope and trust and providing the tools needed to heal alongside their loved one.
At Clementine, our goal is to help make treatment accessible and we are committed to working with families to access care. Clementine South Miami is in network with Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Multi Plan, Three Rivers and Humana for residential treatment and day treatment with or without boarding.
We Are Here To Help!
We are pleased to offer a Multi Family Group every Friday at 1:00 – 2:00pm; alumni, families and loved ones welcome.
A LETTER FROM CLEMENTINE SOUTH MIAMI’S CLINICAL DIRECTOR:
I want to start off by saying that I know you. You’re the artist, the singer, the dancer. You’re the friend that everyone can count on. You are special. You’ve also been suffering in silence. You’ve been fighting this battle on your own or with your loved ones, but it doesn’t seem to be enough. We will likely meet for the first time at your rock bottom. It’s dark down here and there’s a group of strangers trying to hand you an emotional flashlight. I know this is so hard. Please know that as your Clinical Director, I will meet you where you are, unconditionally.
I want you to know that full recovery is possible. I know we will have to hold that for you for a little while but we will help you get there! Please know that recovery work at Clementine is also not all work. Many of the girls that have walked their path with us have filled these spaces with laughter, music, and connection. I hope with all of my heart you will join us in building upon our success stories; to be part of a tapestry of strength, compassion, and resilience.
PsyD | Clinical Director
Medical, psychiatric, clinical, & nutritional care
- 24-hour on-site medical oversight and nursing care
- Complete medical history and physical exam upon admission
- Weekly medical monitoring (more frequently when indicated)
- Medical and nutritional restoration and stability
- 24-hour access to psychiatrists
- Medical education for adolescents and families
- Management of prescription and nonprescription medications
- Family involvement and empowerment: Close communication and direct access to treatment team | Weekly family therapy | Weekly multi-family group during and post-treatment | Individualized exposure opportunities to practice meals and support the reintegration of the adolescent into family mealtimes after discharge
- High frequency of individual sessions: Twice weekly individual psychotherapy sessions with doctoral or master’s level primary therapist | Weekly individual sessions with treatment team | Weekly sessions with family therapist, nutritionist, psychiatrist and clinical director
- Daily group therapies such as: Dialectical behavioral therapy | Cognitive behavioral therapy | Body image | Expressive therapy | Family and relationships | Interpersonal process | Self-esteem | Relapse prevention | Contract and goal setting
- Individualized, specialized care for co-occurring disorders such as substance use, mood disorders, and trauma
- Mindful reintroduction of movement and exercise
- Thoughtfully implemented meal plan based on specific nutritional needs and personal preferences
- Mindful eating to help develop a balanced and sustainable relationship with food
- Weekly nutrition and cooking groups
Learn More About Our Program
Joel Jahraus, MD, FAED, CEDS
Chief Medical Officer
Molly McShane, MD, MPH, CEDS
Bertha Tavarez, PsyD
Clinical Director Clementine South Miami
Amanda Mellowspring, MS, RD/N, CEDRD-S
Vice President of Nutrition Services
Marilyn Peraza, MD
Fiorella Speziani, MSN, ARNP, FNP-BC
Viviana Arroyave, MSW
Kristy Mena, MS, LMHC
Location & Contact
Clementine South Miami is located in a beautiful residential neighborhood in Miami, Florida. We are 20-30 minutes from Miami International Airport (MIA).
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Find out more about our unique approach to eating disorder treatment and recovery.