We're Here to Help
Get started on your journey to recovery.
All submissions are confidential. An admissions specialist will call you soon.
Portland | OR
At Clementine Portland, we offer a unique residential treatment program exclusively for adolescent girls, between the ages of 12 to 17, seeking treatment for Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, or Exercise Addiction. Clementine Portland provides the highest level of medical and psychiatric care outside of a hospital; integrated with personalized clinical and nutritional care and comprehensive academic and family support. Woven into our culture is a philosophy of connection and teamwork with each adolescent’s family, working to instill hope and trust and providing the tools needed to heal alongside their loved one.
At Clementine, our goal is to help make treatment accessible and we are committed to working with families to access care. Clementine Portland is in network with Blue Cross / Blue Shield, Cigna, ComPsych, Kaiser, Magellan, MHN, MODA, Multiplan, PacificSource, Samaritan Health, Three Rivers, GOBHI and at times can secure single case agreements with others.
We Are Here To Help!
We are pleased to offer a Multi Family Group every Friday from 10:00 – 11:30am, alumni welcome to attend.
A LETTER FROM CLEMENTINE PORTLAND’S CLINICAL DIRECTOR:
Welcome to the next step in your journey toward healing. I am honored to be the Clinical Director at Clementine, Portland and have the privilege of working with a dedicated group of professionals, adolescents and their families; dedicated individuals that challenge and amaze me each and every day.
I often say transitions and uncertainty are among the most difficult and unsettling processes an individual can endure. Since these are among the defining characteristics of the period of development known as adolescence, it makes sense that this time can be so difficult and overwhelming. I know how scary entering treatment can be, venturing into the unknown and taking a risk for yourself, your child or loved one, even when that risk promises the possibility of recovery. A part of you may feel hopeful, while another part, the eating disorder part, often feels resistant, beaten down or hopeless. My team and I are here to walk beside you as you develop new ways of living and relating to yourself and others. I have seen the promise of a recovered life countless times and know it is possible for each and every one of you. I look forward to being a part of your journey.
MS, LMFT | Clinical Director
Medical, psychiatric, clinical, & nutritional care
- 24-hour on-site medical oversight and nursing care
- Complete medical history and physical exam upon admission
- Weekly medical monitoring (more frequently when indicated)
- Medical and nutritional restoration and stability
- 24-hour access to psychiatrists
- Medical education for adolescents and families
- Management of prescription and non-prescription medications
- Family involvement and empowerment: Close communication and direct access to treatment team | Weekly family therapy (on-site or remote) | Weekly multi-family group (on-site) | Individualized exposure opportunities to practice meals and support the reintegration of the adolescent into family mealtimes after discharge
- High frequency of individual sessions: Twice weekly individual psychotherapy sessions with doctoral or master’s level primary therapist | Weekly individual sessions with treatment team | Weekly sessions with family therapist, nutritionist, psychiatrist
- Daily group therapies such as: Dialectical behavioral therapy | Cognitive behavioral therapy | Body image | Expressive therapy | Family and relationships | Interpersonal process | Self-esteem | Relapse prevention | Contract and goal setting
- Individualized, specialized care for co-occurring disorders such as substance use, mood disorders, and trauma
- Mindful reintroduction of movement and exercise
- Thoughtfully implemented meal plan based on specific nutritional needs and personal preferences
- Mindful eating to help develop a balanced and sustainable relationship with food
- Weekly nutrition and cooking groups
- Step-down to partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programming
Learn More About Our Program
Joel Jahraus, MD, FAED, CEDS
Chief Medical Officer
Molly McShane, MD, MPH, CEDS
Melissa Orshan Spann, LMHC, PhD, CEDS-S
Chief Clinical Officer
Amanda Mellowspring, MS, RD/N, CEDRD-S
Vice President of Nutrition Services
Malorie Sweeney, MS, RD, LD/N
Director of West Coast Nutrition Services
Veneta Stoyanova, MD
Melissa Peterson, MS, LMFT
Jackie McGivern, MA, LPC
Assistant Clinical Director
Courtney Robertson, RN
Amanda Von Feldt, RN, BSN
Assistant Nurse Manager
Rosalyn Gross, PhD, FNP-C
Keelie Korsness, MSc, RDN, LD
Shawn Post MSc, RDN, LD, RYT-200
Donald Marks, MA, LPC Intern
Primary & Family Therapist
Alicia Johnson, MA, LMFT
Maggie Riley, MA, LMFT Intern
Primary & Family Therapist
Head Recovery Coach
Location & Contact
Clementine Portland is located in a beautiful residential neighborhood in West Linn, a suburb of Portland, OR.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Find out more about our unique approach to eating disorder treatment and recovery.