We're Here to Help
Get started on your journey to recovery.
All submissions are confidential. An admissions specialist will call you soon.
Eating Disorder Residential Treatment Center
Eating disorders can dramatically affect the life of any young woman. These disorders are pervasive, causing health problems, psychological concerns, social difficulties and more. When left untreated, an eating disorder can even put the individual’s life at risk. In order to avoid serious and potentially fatal complications, effective treatment is required. A variety of treatment options exist for young female patients with eating disorders. Of these options, residential treatment programs are one of the most effective choices.
What Are Residential Treatment Services?
Residential treatment centers offer highly focused, intensive treatment programs for patients who struggle with eating disorders. During these treatment programs, the patient lives at the residential treatment facility. This is in contrast with outpatient treatment centers that allow the patients to live at home during the treatment process. Both types of treatment can be effective, but residential treatment programs offer several advantages that may increase the likelihood of success for patients.
We Are Here To Help!
Advantages of Residential Treatment Centers
Some of the advantages of receiving treatment at a residential treatment facility include:
- The ability to focus on getting well. – When an individual is receiving outpatient treatment, she is still bombarded with a variety of other concerns. For example, she may be in school, working, dealing with social concerns and more. Enrolling in a residential treatment program eliminates all of these outside influences, allowing the individual to focus all of her attention on her recovery.
- A chance for community. – Struggling with an eating disorder is a lonely experience, especially for a young woman. However, when women are enrolled in a residential treatment program, they are surrounded by other women who are going through the same challenges. Each woman in the program is able to share her experiences and learn from peers as she progresses through treatment.
- A more structured program. – Residential treatment programs for teens are more structured than outpatient treatment options. This gives teens the boundaries and security they need to have the best chance of a successful recovery.
Types of Residential Treatment Programs
Different types of residential treatment centers exist. For example, some of these facilities cater to both male and female patients, while others cater to only men or only women. Likewise, some residential treatment centers focus their services on older adults, while there are also residential treatment facilities for teens. Young women often feel more comfortable in residential treatment centers for teens. Enrolling in teen residential treatment programs allows these patients to surround themselves with people who are the same age and may understand their struggles more than older patients would.
Choosing Residential Programs for Teenagers
In most cases, it is up to the parent to select a teen residential treatment program for a young girl who is struggling with anorexia, bulimia or another eating disorder. However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to make a decision. When comparing residential programs for teenagers, there are several factors to consider. Some of the questions to ask when comparing residential treatment centers for youth include:
1. How close is the facility?
When looking for treatment facilities, many people start their online search with the phrase “residential treatment centers near me.” Having a treatment center close to home is more convenient and often preferable, especially for teenagers. However, the location of the facility should not be the most important consideration, as finding quality treatment is essential.
2. How are the treatment programs structured?
Different residential treatment programs for teens have different structures. While some programs focus primarily on the psychological aspects of eating disorders, others incorporate more medical care. Likewise, while some teenage behavioral treatment centers put all of their residents through the same program, others customize programs to meet the needs of each individual.
3. What are past clients saying about the facility?
Another important factor to consider when comparing different facilities is the reputation of each facility. How successful has the facility been in treating past clients? What are past clients saying about their experiences at the facility? Choosing a treatment facility with a solid reputation and a track record of success will ensure that the teenager has the best chance of recovering from her eating disorder completely.
4. How much does the program cost?
Although it should never be the most important concern, the cost is always an issue when choosing a treatment program. Make sure the facility selected offers a program that is both effective and fairly priced.
Clementine is a residential treatment facility that supports adolescents and their families as they pursue recovery. This program offers both education and empathy throughout the treatment process, helping each adolescent discover how she can live life in a healthier way.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Find out more about our unique approach to eating disorder treatment and recovery.